Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First post

Hi there, this is my first post on my blog!  I'm still figuring out the layout and a new graphic should be coming soon.  But I thought I'd go ahead and write something and get started!

So, a little bit about me.  I'm a cantor-- invested by HUC in NYC in 2007 at around the same time I became a mom to my daughter Lena.  I've been working part-time at Westchester Reform Temple in Scarsdale, NY since my last year in Cantorial School.  The rest of my time I spend with Lena, my wonderful husband, and our extended family of parents, siblings, and friends.

I've found being a working mom, particularly a clergy-mom, to be more challenging than I anticipated pre-Mama/Cantor!  I began to both roles at the same time, as I wrote above, so my identity as "Ima-(Cantor)Mia" is pretty interwoven for me.

I'm hoping to blog about the small moments of raising a young child-- and to use some Jewish humor and wisdom to make sense of them.  At times my writing may be scattered because of my "pregnancy brain" (expecting again in April!).  But hopefully you'll find reading this to be amusing at the least and community-building at the best.

Have to go to our staff meeting!  I'll write more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment