Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow!

Saturday afternoon the snow began to fall!  As Lena said with her 2 1/2-year-old cute diction: "It's smowing outside!  I have to wear my smow-boots and my smow-pants and go pway in the smow!"  I had a concert event at WRT that evening so the playing had to wait for the morning.  Speaking of the concert, I was thrilled to sing again with my fabulously talented colleagues and spouses for our second Broadway music fundraiser evening.  I sang "Defying Gravity" from Wicked, among other things.  I was slightly amused to be singing "something has changed within me" and  "defying gravity" in my high heels with pregnant belly...  :)


So the next day was our "smow-day."  My back was killing me from the night before (oh, those high heels...) but we went out and played anyway, stomping around and exploring how the neighborhood looked blanketed in 2 inches of snow.  Lena made her first "smow-angels" and had a fabulous time kicking snow, throwing snow, seeing how the snow covered everything, even remarking on how it "matched" the snow in other places.  Last year it freaked her out and she wouldn't go outside to play in the snow much, but this year I guess she was feeling more adventurous. 

Lena LOVES things like snow.  And she hasn't even been sledding yet!!  It's amazing how much fun she has from the wonder of a couple inches on the ground.  I pointed out to her when we were driving around how the snow clung to the branches of the trees and made them look soooo pretty.  I'm not sure if I would have appreciated the beauty as much, though, if she wasn't in the car.  She told me there was snow on the red mailbox, on the black mailbox, on the grass, on the houses, on the cars, on the walls... you name it, it had snow on it, and she noticed!!  Nothing like a small child I guess to make you take a step back and admire what we may take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment